click on your country of interest on the map.
- Algeria, officially the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria is a country in the Maghreb.
- In terms of land area, it is the largest country on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Algeria is bordered in the northeast by Tunisia, in the east by Libya, in the west by Morocco, in the southwest by Western Sahara, Mauritania, and Mali, in the southeast by Niger, and in the north by the Mediterranean Sea.
- It has an estimated population of 38.1million people in 2013.
- The capital of Algeria is Algiers. The country gained its independence from France in 1962.
- The official language is Arabic. The currency is the Algerian Dinar (DZD) (1 EUR = 112.40 DZD).
- Both Visa and Work permit are required by anyone entering Algeria with the intention to work.
- Expat Africa Payroll through his network of local partners is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution. It is highly recommended to apply for a (temporary or full) work visa before entering Algeria.
- In case of emergency, the contractor can apply for a business visa at the Algerian Embassy and then apply for a work permit once in the country.
- Employee social security = 6.2 %
- Employer social security = 6.2% up to the annual maximum
- Personal income tax rate = up to 40% VAT = 17% and is namely levied on the “service” fees
- The contractor wanting to work in Algeria will be employed by the local partner of Expat Africa Payroll and then will be seconded to the end client.
- The local partner will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone.
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his family. For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info [at] expatafricapayroll [dot] com
Algeria Expat Forum
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.