click on your country of interest on the map.
- Officially the Republic of Benin, is a country in West Africa. It is bordered by Togo to the west, by Nigeria to the east and by Burkina Faso and Niger to the north.
- A majority of the population live on its small southern coastline on the Bight of Benin.
- The capital of Benin is Porto-Novo, but the seat of government is in Cotonou, the country’s largest city.
- Benin covers an area of approximately 110,000 square kilometers (42,000 sq mi), with a population of approximately 9.05 million.
- Benin is a tropical, sub-Saharan nation, highly dependent on agriculture, with substantial employment and income arising from subsistence farming.
- The official language is French.
- The currency is the West African CFA franc (XOF) (1EUR=658 XOF)
- Both Visa and Work permit are required by anyone entering Benin with the intention to work. Expat Africa Payroll through his network of local partners is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution.
- It is highly recommended to apply for a (temporary or full) work visa before entering Benin.
- In case of emergency, the contractor can apply for a business visa at the Benin Embassy and then apply for a work permit once in the country.
- Social security tax: 19%
- Income tax: 30%
- VAT: 18%
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone…
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org