click on your country of interest on the map.
- Officially the Republic of Botswana, the country is located in Southern Africa.
- Up to 70% of Botswana is covered by the Kalahari Desert and it is bordered by South Africa to the south and southeast, Namibia to the west and north, and Zimbabwe to the northeast. It meets Zambia at a single point.
- Botswana is a small, landlocked country of just over 2 million people in 2010.
- Its capital is Gaborone.
- The official language is English, Setswana.
- The currency is the Botswana Pula (BWP) (1 EUR = 9.39 BWP/ 1 USD = 6.53 BWP).
- Expat Africa Payroll, through a network of local partners, is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution in Botswana.
- If possible the Contractor will be selected from countries where the contractor is able to enter Botswana with his passport and obtain a visa on arrival at the airport (see Botswana embassy website for the full list).
- For other nationalities, the visa can be obtained at the Botswana embassy in the contractor’s home country or at the British embassy in the home country.
- The timescale to obtain the visa and his price depend on the country and the embassy.
- If none of these exist the local partner in Botswana is able to make the application in Botswana.
- After arrival in Botswana the process for application for a residence permit that allows the contractor to work legally can start.
- Once the residence permit is issued the contractor is authorised to work legally.
- It is not necessary for the contractor to leave Botswana when the work permit is issued.
- The contractor can work in Botswana during the application process ONLY IF a waiver is granted.
- The contractor is subject to an income tax up to 25% on his local income in Botswana.
- No social security contribution is due by the Contractor in Botswana.
- A VAT of 12% is levied on the service fees.
- No other local deduction.
- Expat Africa Payroll will directly send the Contractor as an “independent contractor” to Botswana and then will second the Contractor to the end client in Botswana.
- Our Local Partner in Botswana will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone…
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: email@example.com