click on your country of interest on the map.
- Burkina Faso is a landlocked country in West Africa.
- It is surrounded by Mali, Niger, Benin, Togo, Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire. After gaining independence from France in 1960, the country underwent many governmental changes until arriving at its current form, a semi-presidential republic.
- Burkina Faso’s capital is Ouagadougou.
- It is namely a member of the African Union, Community of Sahel-Saharan States, Organization of the Islamic Conference and Economic Community of West African States.
- The official language is the French.
- The currency is the CFA (XAF) which has a fixed parity with the Euro (1 EUR = 655.96 CFA).
- Expat Africa Payroll through his network of local partners is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution in Burkina-Faso.
- There are two different kinds of visas needed to enter and stay in Burkina- Faso: the short-term visa and the long-term visa.
- To enter Burkina-Faso the contractor must obtain a short-term visa at the Burkina Faso Embassy in his home country or at his arrival at the airport. The validity of the short-term visa is 30 days renewable.
- But the contractor is not authorised to work once the contractor is in the country he can apply for a long-term visa which allows the contractor to work. He will also need to obtain a working card.
- The validity of the long-term visa is one year renewable.
*Note the government cost for the working card will depend on the monthly income.
- Social security = 21.5% of the gross salary (capped at CFA 600 000)
- Fee management learning = 4% of the gross salary
- Income tax rate = up to 30%
- VAT = 18% and is namely levied on the “service” fees
- The Contractor wanting to work in Burkina Faso will be employed by the local partner of Expat Africa Payroll and then will be seconded to the end client.
- The local partner will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone…
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his/her family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info [at] expatafricapayroll [dot] com