- Officially the Republic of Chad, is a landlocked country in Central Africa.
- The country is bordered by Libya to the north, Sudan to the east, the Central African Republic to the south, Cameroon and Nigeria to the southwest, and Niger to the west. Capital of chad: N’Djamena national language: French currency is the Central African Franc (XAF) (1EUR=656 XAF)
- Both visa and work permits are required by anyone entering Chad with the intention to work.
- Expat Africa Payroll, through a network of local partners, is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution including:
- Business Visa: If a business visa is required, Expat Africa Payroll is able to issue a LOI (Letter of Invitation) to invite the Contractor in Chad the application for the business visa must be made at the embassy of the Contractor’s home country.
- If this is not possible (no embassy) we are able to make the application in Chad.
- It is best to apply for a 6 month visa so as to allow plenty of time to make the work permit application.
- Note that the Contractor can work with his business visa during the work permit application.
- The timescale for the business visa is about 4 weeks.
- The Contractor, through Expat Africa Payroll, can apply for the work permit when in Chad.
- Expat Africa Payroll will sponsor and arrange the work permit without the involvement from the end client.
- It is not necessary for the Contractor to leave Chad when the work permit is issued.
- The work permit is valid up to 2 years and can be renewed an unlimited number of times.
- The timescale for the application is about 6-8 weeks.
- Tax and social security Income tax: up to 35% on income social security contributions: 19% combined VAT: 19% on value added.
Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone.
Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and the family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info [at] expatafricapayroll [dot] com