click on your country of interest on the map.
- Country profile
- Visa – Work & Residence Permits
- Tax and social security
- Payroll solution
- In-country services
- Officially known as the Republic of Djibouti, is a country located in the Horn of Africa.
- It is bordered by Eritrea in the north, Ethiopia in the west and south, and Somalia in the southeast.
- With a population exceeding 790,000 residents, Djibouti is a multi-ethnic country and Arabic and French make up the country’s two official languages.
- The 2 largest ethnic groups in Djibouti are the Somali and Afar and both groups speak Afro-Asiatic languages.
- Most of Djibouti’s residents follow Islam, a major religion that the citizens have practised for more over 1,000 years.
- Djibouti is favorably located by the world’s busiest shipping lanes, governing access to the Red Sea and Indian Ocean.
- The multi-ethnic country serves as a prime refueling and transshipment center, and is the principal maritime port for imports to and exports from neighboring Ethiopia.
- Both visa and work permits are required by anyone entering the Djibouti with the intention to work.
- Expat Africa Payroll, through a network of local partners, is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution.
- Business Visa: Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the contractor is fully compliant to work in the country and seeks all avenues in ensuring that the specific requirements of the country are met.
- Expat Payroll Africa will ensure that all requirements are fulfilled and that the contractor is fully aware of any developments needed to ensure a successful acquisition of the business visa.
- Work permit: Applying for a work permit may be done whilst in the country or before the contractor is deployed in the said location.
- Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the contractor obtains the work permit in the correct way to ensure that he/she is not disrupted by local authorities in any form once the work process has commenced.
- A work permit may take a few weeks to secure but Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the work permit application process is done in the most efficient way possible and that all requirements are adhered to, including and informing the contractor and end user of any additional requirements that may be needed.
- Income tax: 30%
- Social security tax for employee: 3.2%
- Social security tax for employer: 12.8% VAT: 7% of value added
- The contractor wanting to work in Algeria will be employed by the local partner of Expat Africa Payroll and then will be seconded to the end client.
- The local partner will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone.
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info [at] expatafricapayroll [dot] com