click on your country of interest on the map.
- Country profile
- Visa – Work & Residence Permits
- Tax and social security
- Payroll solution
- In-country services
- Ethiopia is a country in East Africa and was a monarchy for most of its history.
- The Capital is Addis Ababa.
- Ethiopia is a multilingual society comprised of roughly 80 ethnic groups.
- The Ethiopian dynasty traces its roots to the 2nd century BC and is one of the oldest country in the World due to having yielded some of humanity’s oldest traces.
- History shows that this African country embraced one of the fastest growing economies world-wide and was the fastest-growing non-oil-dependent African economy.
- The total estimated population is about 88 million people in 2011.
- The official language is Amharic.
- The currency is the BIRR (ETB) (1 EUR = 24.35 ETB).
- Expat Africa Payroll, through a network of local partners, is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution.
- Expat Africa Payroll will sponsor and arrange the work permit without the involvement from the end client.
- Business Visa – The contractor needs a business visa to enter Ethiopia and is needed in order to apply for the work permit. The business visa must be obtained at the Ethiopian Embassy of the contractor’s home country or at the nearest Ethiopian Embassy. The Contractor additionally needs a sponsorship (letter of invitation).
- Residence/work permits – Once the Contractor is in Ethiopia he/she has to apply for a residence permit and a work permit. The contractor can work with his business visa during the application for the work permit and does not need to leave the country once the permit is issued. Validity: 1 year renewable.
- Income tax: up to 35% on income
- Social security contributions: 19% combined
- VAT: 19% on value added
- The Contractor will be employed by Expat Africa Payroll from Mauritius as an “independent” worker and will be seconded to the end client in Ethiopia.
- The local partner will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone.
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his/her family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: email@example.com