Ghana’s economy expanded for the fifth successive quarter in September 2017. The World Bank reports
this is almost the double of the previous years. The country has a population of around 29.6 million
Africa HR Solutions provides a number of business solutions in Ghana. For instance, we offer offshore
services in different industries in Ghana, such as in the oil and gas industry or even the agriculture
sector. Onboarding solutions are available, and we can also help with salary surveys and employment
solutions (including the engineering and construction industry).
- The Republic of Ghana is a country located in West Africa.
- It is bordered by Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) to the west, Burkina Faso to the north, Togo to the east, and the Gulf of Guinea to the south.
- Ghana is the second largest producer of cocoa and his economy has been listed as The World’s Fastest Growing Economy in 2011 with an economic growth of about 20.15 % for the year 2011.
- The country achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1957, becoming the first sub-Saharan African nation to do so. It has an estimated population of 24 million people in 2010. The capital of Ghana is Accra.
- The official language is the English.
- The currency is the Ghana Cedi (GHS) (1 EUR = 2.17 GHS/ 1 USD = 1.57 GHS).
- Expat Africa Payroll through his network of local partners is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution in Ghana.
- The Contractor who intends to carry out any business related activities needs the following documents: – An entry visa/ business visa – A work permit/ residence permit.
- Social security contributions = 12.5% for employer and 5% for employee.
- Personal income tax rate = up to 25%
- VAT = 15% and is namely levied on the “service” fees
- The Contractor wanting to work in Ghana will be employed by the local partner of Expat Africa Payroll and then will be seconded to the end client.
- The local partner will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone…
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info [at] expatafricapayroll [dot] com