Trade is of major importance for Guinea Conakry; combined value of imports and exports represent 70%
of the country’s GDP. Guinea possess the largest reserves of untapped iron ore in the world. Many
international investors have shown interest towards the mining industry, which has the potential to
boost its future growth.
Africa HR Solutions offers various business services in Guinea Conakry, namely, onboarding solutions,
employer of record services, medical repatriation and employment solutions. We cover several
industries in the country, such as engineering and construction, mining and agriculture. Africa HR
Solutions also helps a number of NGOs present in Guinea Conakry.
- Guinea is a country in West Africa. The country has gained his independence from France on 2nd October 1958. Guinea is one of the poorest and least developed countries in the World.
- The Capital of Guinea is Conakry which is the largest city of Guinea and the seat of the national government.
- The total population is about 10 million people in 2009.
- The official language is French.
- The currency is the GNF (Guinean Franc) with 1 EUR = 10 685.56 GNF.
- The immigration formalities are very simple to anyone entering Guinea with the intention to work.
- Expat Africa Payroll through his network of local partners is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution. Expat Africa Payroll will sponsor and arrange the work permit without the involvement from the end client.
- Each Contractor (except for CEDEAO and Morocco) coming in Guinea to work needs: • Tourist/ entry visa • Long stay visa • Long stay card.
- All these documents can be obtained in one week maximum.
- It is not necessary for the Contractor to leave Guinea when the Long stay visa is issued.
- Note that it is strongly advised to apply for the tourist/ entry visa at the embassy in the country of origin (quicker and less expensive and avoid any attempts of corruption).
- The Guinean system contains a large number of taxes, deductions, special taxes…The most common ones are:
- Employee social security = 5%
- Employer social security = 18%
- Income tax rate = up to 35%
- VAT = 18% and is namely levied on the “service” fees
- The Contractor wanting to work in Guinea Conakry will be employed by the local partner of Expat Africa Payroll and then will be seconded to the end client.
- The local partner will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone…
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info [at] expatafricapayroll [dot] com