click on your country of interest on the map.
Kenya is generally considered as the Eastern and central Africa’s hub for financial, transportation and
communication services. Estimates of 2018 position Kenya as the 69 th largest economy in the world, with
a GDP of $85,980 billion.
Africa HR Solutions can help you get started in Kenya with several services, such as expat immigration,
employment outsourcing, onboarding solutions, medical repatriation, employment solutions and salary
surveys. We cover different industries, such as FMCG, the oil and gas industry and the agriculture sector.
Africa HR Solutions also provide services to NGOs.
- Kenya, officially the Republic of Kenya, is a country in East Africa.
- Nairobi is the capital and commercial hub of Kenya.
- Lying along the Indian Ocean to its southeast and at the equator, it is bordered by Somalia to the northeast, Ethiopia to the north, South Sudan to the northwest, Uganda to the west and Tanzania to the south.
- Kenya’s economy is market-based, with a few state-owned infrastructure enterprises, and maintains a liberalized external trade system.
- Kenya has numerous wildlife reserves containing thousands of animal species.
- It has an estimated population of 41 million people in 2011.
- The official language is the Swahili and English.
- The currency is the Kenya Schillings (KES) (1 EUR = 129.65 KES/ 1 USD = 89.95 KES).
- Expat Africa Payroll through, a network of local partners, is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution in Kenya.
- The Contractor who intends to carry out any business related activities needs the following documents – A business visa (+ letter of invitation); A work and residence permit ; A Special pass for temporary employment only.
- Employee social security = 5 % (capped)
- Employer social security = 5 % (capped)
- Hospital insurance = 1% (capped)
- Personal income tax rate = up to 30%
- VAT = 16% and is namely levied on the “service” fees
- The Contractor wanting to work in Kenya will be employed by the local partner of Expat Africa Payroll and then will be seconded to the end client.
- The local partner will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone.
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info@expatafricapayroll