click on your country of interest on the map.
- Landlocked Malawi is situated in Africa’s south central region and is formally known as the Republic of Malawi.
- The capital of Malawi is Lilongwe and the country is separated from Tanzania and Mozambique by Lake Malawi.
- Malawi is among the world’s least developed countries.
- The economy of Malawi is heavily based on agriculture and accounts for roughly 37% of the country’s GDP, over 80% of the labour force and represents approximately 80% of all exports.
- It has an estimated population of 14.9 million people (2010)
- The country has gained his independence from UK in 1964.
- The official language is the Chichewa and English.
- The currency is the Kwacha (MWK) (1 EUR = 217.74 MWK/ 1 USD = 152.5 MWK).
- Expat Africa Payroll, through a network of local partners, is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution in Malawi.
- The Contractor who intends to carry out any business related activities needs the following documents – An entry visa – A work permit (TEP – Temporary Employment Permit)
- No social security contribution in Malawi.
- Personal income tax rate = up to 30% for resident and 15% for non-resident.
- VAT = 16.5% and is namely levied on the “service” fees.
- The Contractor wanting to work in Malawi will be employed by the local partner of Expat Africa Payroll and then will be seconded to the end client.
- The local partner will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone.
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his/her family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info@expatafricapayroll
Malawi Expat Forum
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.