click on your country of interest on the map.
- Mauritania is a country in the Maghreb and West Africa.
- The capital and largest city is Nouakchott, located on the Atlantic coast.
- Mauritania has one of the lowest GDP rates in Africa, despite being rich in natural resources.
- However, a majority of the population still depends on agriculture and livestock for a livelihood.
- The country gained independence from France in 1960.
- The official language is the Arabic.
- The currency is the Ouguiya (MRO) (1 EUR = 387.37 MRO/ 1 USD = 285 MRO)
- Expat Africa Payroll through a network of local partners is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution in Mauritania.
- To be authorized to work in Mauritania, the Contractor needs to obtain: Business Visa and Work Permit.
- Business Visa – Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the contractor is fully compliant to work in the country and seeks all avenues in ensuring that the specific requirements of the country are met.
- Expat Payroll Africa will ensure that all requirements are fulfilled and that the contractor is fully aware of any developments needed to ensure a successful acquisition of the business visa.
- Work permit – Applying for a work permit may be done whilst in the country or before the contractor is deployed in the said location.
- Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the contractor obtains the work permit in the correct way to ensure that he/she is not disrupted by local authorities in any form once the work process has commenced.
- A work permit may take a few weeks to secure but Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the work permit application process is done in the most efficient way possible and that all requirements are adhered to, including and informing the contractor and end user of any additional requirements that may be needed.
- Personal income tax: up to 30% on his local income, 50% deduction for the mining sector possible.
- Social security contributions: 15% for the employer and 1% for the employee.
- VAT: 14% levied on the service fees.
- Withholding tax: 2.5%
- Training tax: 0.6% of the gross salary.
- Expat Africa Payroll will directly send the Contractor as an “independent contractor” to Mauritania and then will second the Contractor to the end client.
- Our Local Partner in Mauritania will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone…
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his/her family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mauritania Expat Forum
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.