click on your country of interest on the map.
- Rwanda is a country in central and eastern Africa with a population of approximately 11.4 million (2011).
- The capital of Rwanda is Kigali.
- Rwanda is located a few degrees south of the Equator, and is bordered by Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- All of Rwanda is at high elevation, with a geography dominated by mountains in the west, savanna in the east, and numerous lakes throughout the country.
- The climate is temperate, with two rainy seasons and two dry seasons every year. Rwanda’s economy suffered heavily during the 1994 Genocide, but has since strengthened.
- The economy is based mostly on subsistence agriculture.
- Coffee and tea are the major cash crops for export.
- Rwanda’s mining industry is an important contributor and includes cassiterite, wolframite, gold and coltan.
- The official languages are Kinyarwanda, French and English.
- The currency is the Rwandan Franc (RWF) (1 EUR = 756.5 RWF/ 1 USD = 595 RWF).
- Expat Africa Payroll, through a network of local partners, is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution in Rwanda.
- The Contractor who intends to carry out any business related activities needs the following documents – An entry visa with a letter of invitation – A work visa and a foreign ID card.
- Personal income tax rate: up to 30%
- Social security contributions: 8% uncapped
- VAT: 18% on the service fees
- The Contractor wanting to work in Rwanda will hired by Expat Africa Payroll under a contract of services and will be seconded to the end client.
- Our local partner will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage the entire payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements to ensure the contractor is 100% compliant in-country.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone.
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his/her family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info@expatafricapayroll
Rwanda Expat Forum
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.