Sao Tome & Principe
- Officially the Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe, is a Portuguese-speaking island nation in the Gulf of Guinea, off the western equatorial coast of Central Africa.
- It consists of two archipelagos around the two main islands: São Tomé and Príncipe, located about 140 kilometres (87 mi) apart and about 250 and 225 kilometres (155 and 140 mi), respectively, off the northwestern coast of Gabon. Both islands are part of an extinct volcanic mountain range.
- São Tomé, the sizable southern island, is situated just north of the equator.
- With a population of 163,000 (2010), São Tomé and Príncipe is the second-smallest African country (Seychelles being the smallest).
- It is the smallest Portuguese-speaking country. The capital is São Tomé. The currency is the Dobra (STD) (1 EUR = 24,526 STD).
- Expat Africa Payroll through his network of local partners is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution in São Tomé and Príncipe.
- The Contractor who intends to carry out any business related activities needs the following documents:
- Business Visa: Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the contractor is fully compliant to work in the country and seeks all avenues in ensuring that the specific requirements of the country are met.
- Expat Payroll Africa will ensure that all requirements are fulfilled and that the contractor is fully aware of any developments needed to ensure a successful acquisition of the business visa.
- Work permit: Applying for a work permit may be done whilst in the country or before the contractor is deployed in the said location. Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the contractor obtains the work permit in the correct way to ensure that he/she is not disrupted by local authorities in any form once the work process has commenced.
- A work permit may take a few weeks to secure but Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the work permit application process is done in the most efficient way possible and that all requirements are adhered to, including and informing the contractor and end user of any additional requirements that may be needed.
- Personal income tax rate: up to 25%
- Social security by employer: 7.5%
- Social security by employee: 7.5% VAT = 5%
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone.
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info [at] expatafricapayroll [dot] com