click on your country of interest on the map.
- Officially the Republic of Sierra Leone, is a country in West Africa that is bordered by Guinea to the northeast, Liberia to the southeast, and the Atlantic Ocean to the southwest.
- Sierra Leone is a Constitutional Republic with a directly elected president and a Unicameral Legislature.
- The country has a tropical climate, with a diverse environment ranging from savannah to rainforests.
- The country covers a total area of 71,740 km2 (27,699 sq mi) and with an estimated population of 6 million (2011 United Nations estimate).
- The capital and largest city is the coastal city of Freetown.
- English is the national language spoken in Sierra Leone.
- The currency is the Leone (SLL) (1 EUR = 5646 SLL).
- Expat Africa Payroll, through a network of local partners, is able to offer the Contractor a global immigration solution in Sierra Leone.
- The Contractor who intends to carry out any business related activities needs the following documents: Business Visa and Work Permit.
- Business Visa – Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the contractor is fully compliant to work in the country and seeks all avenues in ensuring that the specific requirements of the country are met.
- Expat Payroll Africa will ensure that all requirements are fulfilled and that the contractor is fully aware of any developments needed to ensure a successful acquisition of the business visa.
- Work permit – Applying for a work permit may be done whilst in the country or before the contractor is deployed in the said location.
- Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the contractor obtains the work permit in the correct way to ensure that he/she is not disrupted by local authorities in any form once the work process has commenced.
- A work permit may take a few weeks to secure but Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the work permit application process is done in the most efficient way possible and that all requirements are adhered to, including and informing the contractor and end user of any additional requirements that may be needed.
- Personal income tax rate; up to 30%
- Social security by employer: 10%
- Social security by employee: 5% of salary
- VAT = sector dependant
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the Contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving licence conversion, local mobile phone…
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the Contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: Email: info [at] expatafricapayroll [dot] com