click on your country of interest on the map.
With an estimated 80 million of people, Egypt is the third most popular country in Africa. Like many
larger countries, the economy is dominated by the service sector (47%) and industrial sector (24%), but
it’s also known for its agricultural sector (29%) that provides significant employment.
Africa HR Solutions offers several services pertaining to business in Egypt, such as offshore services in
engineering and construction, IT and telecom. We also help with onboarding solutions for different
industries, like oil and gas, and for NGOs. Africa HR Solutions provides employment solutions and salary
surveys in Egypt and can even act as your employer of record.
- Egypt is a country mainly in North Africa and is bordered by the Mediterranean Sea to the north, the Gaza Strip and Israel to the northeast, the Red Sea to the east, Sudan to the south and Libya to the west.
- The capital of Egypt and the largest city is Cairo.
- Egypt’s economy depends mainly on agriculture, media, petroleum exports, and tourism Egypt is one of the most populous countries in Africa and the Middle East.
- The great majority of its estimated 80 million people live near the banks of the Nile River.
- The country has gained his independence from UK in 1922.
- The official language in Egypt is the Arabic.
- The currency is the Egyptian Pound (EGP) (1 EUR = 8.23 EGP – 1 USD = 5.97 EGP).
- Expat Africa Payroll, through a network of local partners, is able to offer the contractor a global immigration solution in Egypt.
- The contractor who intends to carry out any business related activities needs the following documents: Business Visa and Work Permit.
- Business Visa – Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the contractor is fully compliant to work in the country and seeks all avenues in ensuring that the specific requirements of the country are met.
- Expat Payroll Africa will ensure that all requirements are fulfilled and that the contractor is fully aware of any developments needed to ensure a successful acquisition of the business visa.
- Work Permit – Applying for a work permit may be done whilst in the country or before the contractor is deployed in the said location.
- Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the contractor obtains the work permit in the correct way to ensure that he/she is not disrupted by local authorities in any form once the work process has commenced.
- A work permit may take a few weeks to secure but Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the work permit application process is done in the most efficient way possible and that all requirements are adhered to, including and informing the contractor and end user of any additional requirements that may be needed.
- We highly advise the contractor to directly apply for a work permit before entering the country.
- The process of obtaining these various documents is very difficult however Expat Africa Payroll ensures that the process is done with utmost efficiency to ensure that the contractor is deployed in a timely fashion.
- Social Security Contributions: no contribution for expatriate contractors.
- Personal income tax rate: up to 20%
- GST (= local VAT) is levied on the “service” fees.
- The contractor wanting to work in Egypt will be employed by the local partner of Expat Africa Payroll and then will be seconded to the end client.
- The local partner will take care of all the immigration formalities and will manage all the payroll compliance including the tax and social deductions, the monthly breakdown, the annual return and all other legal requirements.
- Expat Africa Payroll can provide the contractor with a lot of “in-country” services such as assistance in opening a bank account, in finding an accommodation, car hire, driving license conversion, local mobile phone.
- Expat Africa Payroll can also arrange for the contractor a medical and repatriation insurance.
- The insurance is very flexible and the cover will depend on the requirements of the Contractor, and his/her family.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Expat Africa Payroll: firstname.lastname@example.org